Senior Clinician, Clinical Engagement Mental Health SEWB Team
RPN4 / OT3 / SW3 / ClinPsyc3.
- Full Time with Monthly ADO
- Located in East Ringwood
- Generous Salary Packaging and Employee BenefitsEastern HealthEastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
The role provides supervision and clinical leadership to the Mental Health Social and Emotional Wellbeing Team including Aboriginal Mental Health trainees. A key aim is to strengthen clinical care and pathways to facilitate improved, supported, and culturally appropriate access to recovery- oriented adult mental health services for the Aboriginal communities in the Eastern Metropolitan Region. The role focuses on improving the cultural competency of clinical staff and the cultural safety of the service provided.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A relevant professional discipline (refer to position description)
- Current relevant registration with AHPRA/Board, as appropriate
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in mental health (and/or drug and alcohol) settings,including specialist knowledge in mental health and comorbid substance use
- Interest or experience in working with Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander peopleexperiencing mental health challenges
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership experience
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Please follow the link to apply:
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**